Honestly, what should have been a quick 15 minute project (well, 30 total) ended up taking all night. My daughter ended up getting sick around 8pm last night and it progressively got worse throughout the evening. Her fever shot up which made it difficult for her to sleep. She was continually up every 15-45 minutes (averaging somewhere around 30 minutes). It meant that just as I was sitting down to work on the project, I would have to stop.
It took all night but I managed to complete two Sleeping Eye Masks. I saw the project for a “Minkee Eye Mask” on Prudent Baby and knew I wanted to make one. It quickly made it onto my To-Do list and then say there for a while (meaning 9 months). I finally sat down and got to work.
I made a few minor changes. I wanted bright and happy fabric instead of dark so I picked the fabric that I wanted and then I grabbed some coordinating thick fleece to use as an interfacing. The thickness of the fleece helped to give it the darkness that I needed and still allowed me to have bright fabric. Who says a sleeping mask has to be black or near black! The only other change I made was to shorten the length of the elastic. I have a tiny head and so it was necessary to shorten it if I wanted it to stay on my eyes rather than around my neck.
I love how they turned out. The hardest decision will be picking which one I will use first.